In 2010 the Good Network Foundation implemented ‘Piece of cake. How to build the capital of the NGO’ project funded by FIO Civic Initiatives Fund of the Department of Public Service of the Ministry of Labour and Social Policy. The project was attended by 25 leaders of non-governmental organizations operating in the Warmia-Mazury region of Poland.
The aim of the project was to give institutional support to NGOs in the field of human, social and material capital, namely equipping them – through training, professional support and specialized publications – in knowledge and modern tools that will allow them to develop their activities in an efficient and professional way. Particular emphasis was placed on the development of voluntary service (traditional and virtual) and their integral meaning in project management.
The ‘Piece of cake. How to build the capital of the NGO’ lasted three months and included:
- Innovative training weekend in Warmia-Mazury (in Ostróda and Ełk city)
- Meetings in virtual training forum
- Individual consultations with mentors
- Creation of individual development strategy for the organization and support at the start of its implementation
- Releasing the publication ‘NGO2.0. Get caught in the Web’