The project was carried out in Transcarpathia (Ukraine) bythe group V4 countries in the period from 1st February 2015 to 1st March 2016.
Ukrainian-Hungarian Regional Development Centre
- Czech Fundraising Center from Czech Republic
- Forum Information Centre from Slovakia
- For the Civil Network of Veszprém County Public Benefit Association from Hungary
- Good Network Foundation from Poland
The project was funded by Visegrad Fund.
The goal of the project was to strengthen the third sector in Ukraine by transfering experience of the V4 group countries to Ukrainian non-governmental organizations and support them in the implementation of best practices. It is very important to familiarize the Ukrainian non-governmental organizations with alternative fundraising methods, possibilities of cooperation with municipalities and other state bodies – all this for strengthening the civil society. It can be done by initiating cooperation between various social groups and providing opportunities to acquire and advance knowledge.
The actions provided for in the project are as follows:
- workshop on cooperation on the development of civil society and on networking
- workshop on fundraising
- workshop on NGO (Non-Governmental Organization) cooperation with municipial institutions
- workshop on cooperation between different social groups aiming at building up a civil society
- designing the project site
- Civil Forum (a round table), i.e. discussion on the results of the project.
The planned events and activities were important for promoting democratic changes in Ukraine as they focused on specific areas by providing technical support and learning opportunities. Thus, the Ukrainian non-governmental organizations were enabled to act in accordance with European standards.
For more information go to http://umti.org/en/projects/hromadskyj-mist-vyshehradu-dlya-ukrajiny